What should teachers do when universal Tier 1 behavior supports don't sufficiently meet the needs of all children? Next steps can be tricky to navigate when students appear at risk for developing recurring problem behavior—and that's why every teacher needs this concise, strategy-packed guidebook on targeted behavior intervention and support.
Authors Tim Knoster and Robin Drogan are in-demand experts with a combined 50 years of experience training teachers in positive behavior support in the classroom. Together, they bring you a friendly, encouraging guide to Tier 2 positive behavior support, ready to use in schools with or without an existing PBIS system. Brimming with down-to-earth advice, proven strategies, and relatable anecdotes, this book will get you ready to further prevent behavior challenges and create a safe, positive learning environment for each student in your class.
DISCOVER HOW TO:
- Determine which students will benefit from targeted behavior supports
- Choose formal and informal targeted supports that meet each student's needs
- Make the most of targeted supports already available if your school uses PBIS
- Organize and develop Tier 2 supports on your own if your school doesn't currently implement PBIS
- Strengthen your interventions through effective data collection and analysis
- Fade out or step up the intensity of interventions and supports when necessary
- Recognize when students need more intensive, individualized Tier 3 supports
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Case stories in each chapter that illustrate different behavior supports in action, sample Behavior Contracts and Good Behavior Charts, an at-a-glance guide to social-emotional screeners, quick-reference charts on the features and uses of specific supports, and more.
By Tim Knoster and Robin Drogan. 2016. 160 pages. ISBN 978-1-59857-903-1. #BP205.