Collecting data on behavior, academic skills, and IEP goals is an essential step in showing student progress—but it can also be a complicated, time-consuming process. Take the worry and stress out of data collection with this ultra-practical resource, packed with the tools you need to organize, manage, and monitor critical information on your students' progress. You'll discover proven, stress-free data collection techniques used by real teachers, with strategies and shortcuts developed through the author's extensive teaching and consulting work. You'll also get first-person classroom examples, quizzes, definitions of key terms, and a complete package of reproducible forms and tools. An essential resource for special educators, general educators, and paraprofessionals, this toolkit will help you become a "classroom detective" who collects the right data, analyzes it skillfully, and uses it to solve each student's challenges.
DISCOVER HOW TO:
- master the basic steps of effective data collection
- design a creative data collection process custom-tailored to your needs
- record and graph your students' academic, behavioral, and IEP data
- expertly manage your time and paperwork while collecting all the data you need
- use data collection strategies to systematically address specific questions and problems
- select appropriate methods for monitoring progress
- analyze data for trends and patterns
- make data-driven decisions that enhance student achievement
PRACTICAL MATERIALS: Record and analyze your classroom data with a complete package of ready-to-use, reproducible forms and tools! Includes Quick-Graph forms that make it easy to record data and graph trends on the same form; data sheets and graphs; tip sheets; and handouts and organizational tools.
By Cindy Golden. 2018. 264 pages. ISBN 978-1-59857-924-6. #BP211.