Being a new teacher is hard. Being a new teacher right now is even harder. We want you to be prepared for new challenges you might face in this new school year with CEC's first-ever Jumpstart program.
This completely online course was designed to equip new special educators like you with the necessary information, resources, peer network, and virtual mentoring to set you up for success in the 2021 school year and in a post-COVID learning environment.
Some of our most renowned subject matter experts will not only deliver dynamic online workshops around what you need to know most before stepping foot in your classroom, but serve as your personal mentors throughout the program and even after the school year begins. The program includes five live, online workshops:
- Preparing for the Post-COVID Classroom with Danielle Kovach, Ed.D.
Wednesday, August 5th, 4-6 p.m. ET
- The Role of Special Educators in a Post-COVID Environment with David Bateman, Ph.D. & Andy Markelz, Ph.D.
Monday, August 10, 2020, 4-6 p.m. ET
- High Leverage Practices in Instruction with Michael Kennedy, Ph.D.
Wednesday, August 19, 2020, 4-6 p.m. ET
- Collaboration and Teamwork with Colleagues with Marilyn Friend, Ph.D.
Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 4-6 p.m. ET
- Family and School Partnerships with Clara Hauth, Ph.D. & Catherine Creighton Thompson, Ph.D.
Monday, August 31, 2020, 4-6 p.m. ET
All workshops will be recorded for you to rewatch later.
In addition, you'll have access to synchronous virtual mentoring with our presenters, curated learning resources to supplement the course content, and a secure, online learning community accessible—during and beyond the program dates—only to program cohort members.
Member price: $299; Non-member price: $399. Sign in below to register! Or, download the registration form.